Saturday, September 10, 2011

Strikeforce Heavyweight Tournament - Semifinals





The only fight i have action on for this one is Silva over Cormier. Cormier is wildly undersized against bigfoot who is a literal giant (afflicted with acromegaly, or giantism). He is also a BJJ Black belt and a competent striker. I have the striking about even, and big foot can probably threaten from his back, or even sweep. It is hard to sweep a great wrestler like Cormier, but being so much bigger will help a lot. It will also cause Cormier to work a lot harder to control Silva and maybe tire out. This is a big jump up in competition for Cormier, and at only -160 I think its a decent play on Bigfoot here.

Antonio Silva(-160) vs Daniel Cormier: 2 units to win 1.25 units

I also have prop bets that either Silva(+175) or Barnett(+150) will ultimately win the tournament. 1 unit on each.

As far as Barnett's current fight with Sergei, I can't recommend a bet on Barnett. Not at the current odds. He should win, but there is just not enough value there.

Same with Souza. No reason to take him at -425, even though he will most likely win.

I see the Gracie/king mo fight as a 50/50, so I wouldn't begrudge a small play on gracie at his current underdog odds of +150. Personally though I am sitting it out.

That's all for now. Enjoy the fights.



-The Wise Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment