Wednesday, December 29, 2010

UFC 125 update

More of the lines have been posted for UFC 125, and some are worth taking a look at. So far my plays for this event are:

Clay Guida(-165) vs Takanori Gomi: 1.65 units to win 1 unit
Marcus Davis(+205) vs Jeremy Stephens: 1 unit to win 2.05 units

Total: 2.65 units to win 3.05 units

I think Clay will fight smart and avoid trading, and there is no way Gomi can keep up with his pace for 3 whole rounds. I think he will be able to defend with relative success for the first round, but as long as Guida doesn't get KO'd early he will wear down Gomi and get a UD or late stoppage. This line has actually gotten slightly better, with Guida at -160 right now at Bookmaker.

I don't see any reason why Marcus davis is a 2 to 1 dog against Stephens. Marcus is at least equal in power and speed, and has better, more diverse technical boxing, better wrestling, and better submissions. I think Davis gets the better of the exchanges with more technical combos and by mixing up his hands more.


I actually think Frankie Edgar will win, but not strongly enough to bet it.

I think Leben has value at -165

I think Thiago Silva will win, line is about right though.

I'd love to see Baroni win, but man I just don't know. His cardio is SO bad

I think Antonio McKee will should get a pretty straightforward win. Probably still has value at -225. Volkmann hasn't impressed me thus far.


That's all for now. Can't wait for the fights!


- The Wise Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment