Saturday, January 30, 2010

Strikeforce Miami

There are a couple of good fights on this card, but I don't see any bets that I like.

Hieron is my pick to win over Riggs, but he is too big of a favorite at -350.
Diaz is also my pick to win, but I am not confident enough to put anything on it.

I suspect Melvin will win over Lawler, but he is so onne-dimensional I am too leery to put a bet on him. It is one of those "60% of the time he wins everytime" situations. If lawler plays his game Melvin will win 95 of 100 fights at least. If lawler fights smart, he would be the favorite. It is impossible to tell how that will pan out, so no bet. Official pick is Manhoef though.

I would love to put a small bet on Coenen, because Cyborg is just not a good fighter and I don't like to see her keep winning. She is very sloppy and wins soley by massively overpowering her opponents. Marloes is a more natural 145 than most of Cyborg's past opponents, and at almost a 5 to 1 dog I am tempted to put a partial unit on her, but I fear she will just get overpowered like all the other past opponents. If she fights fearlessly she has a chance.
So, no bet but I hope Marloes wins. Official pick is Cyborg though.

No bet in the walker fight either. The line dropped a lot since it opened with Walker as a -500 favorite. Now you have to think they brought it Nagy as somebody that they thought Walker could beat, but walker most likely sucks pretty hard so you never know how this one will go. You have two years of MMA experience against like 6 months. If you have done grappling training for even a few months and rolled with complete newbies you know how much of a difference the time can make. Way too unpredictable, and a big lack of info for either fighter, so no bet. Official pick, Nagy? Total guess though.



No bets, but should be some exciting fights. Tune in!



-The Wise Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment