Saturday, September 4, 2010

UFN 22 Bets

I have 2 dog bets for Ultimate Fight Night 22:

Rousimar Palhares(+195) vs Nate Marquardt: .5 units to win .95 units
Cole Miller(+215) vs Ross Pearson: .5 units to win 1.075 units

While Marquardt does have better striking and a better overall game than "paul harris", I do think Rousimar has better wrestling and will end up on top, at least a couple times during the fight. I doubt nate can threaten him from his back, and I feel like he has a legit chance of being submitted.

Ross pearson has shown some solid skills and a great overall game, but I think Cole is the most dangerous opponent he has faced, and had real finishing potential. Miller's strikes can hurt people, and I think Pearson may struggle with a reach disadvantage. Pearson has decent wrestling, but Cole is one of those fighters that is actually dangerous off his back, and can threaten submissions or reversals from any position. I do fear Miller's questionable chin however, even though Pearson doesn't have a lot of KOs to his record. I don't know if I am actually picking Miller to win outright here, but these odds seem way off to me. It is a decent step up in competition for Pearson, and Miller offers a lot of dangerous skill that he hasn't had to face before.


That's all for now.



-The Wise Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment