Monday, August 30, 2010

Bellator 26 and UFC 118 - Results

The only play I had for Bellator 26 came through for me:

Lisa Ward(-105) vs Aisling Daly: +1 unit


The fight went just about like I thought it would. Ward scored early with a judo-throw takedown, and controlled the fight with her grappling, winning a unanimous decision.


UFC 118 wasn't as successful for me, as I went 0-2.

Kenny Florian(-130) vs Gray Maynard: -2 units
Marcus Davis(+165) vs Nate Diaz: -.5 units

I was just totally on the wrong side of the line with both od these fights. Kenny didn't seem as dedicated to immediately getting back to his feet as he did in the Guida fight, and when both fighters were on the feet it was very tentative.

Davis just had no answer for Diaz's reach advantage and awkward boxing style. He did hit Nate with a fair number of hard shots early in the fight, but his chin held up.

Definitely a disappointing event, but the losses weren't too bad, and were mitigated by my win from the Bellator event.

I'm still closing out August up 2.3 units, so still a solid month.


There are plenty of MMA events in September, so hopefully there will be some good odds on some of the fights. Stay tuned.



-The Wise Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment