Tuesday, August 3, 2010

UFC 117 betting picks

As I wrote in an earlier post, I already have a bet on Jon fitch:

Jon Fitch(+105) vs Thiago Alves: 3 units to win 3.15 units

As of right now Fitch is at about -120. I would still make this bet at these odds.

My other action for this card is:

Clay Guida(-115) vs Raphael Dos Anjos: 2 units to win 1.74
Dustin Hazelett(-115) vs Rick Story: 1 unit to win .87 units

Total: 6 units to win 5.76units

While Dos Anjos has a chance to get a submission for sure, Guida has shown incredible submission defense. The only times he has gotten submitted is when he has been hurt bad with punches. Dos Anjos is much better on the feet to be sure, but I don't think he can stop the takedowns and deal with Guida's pace for the distance. Guida by UD. I am a big fan of Guida's as well, so I would love to see him win here.

I am also a big Hazelett fan, and that is part of the reason I am betting on him here. I do think he will win though. I think he has a wrestling disadvantage but he is very dangerous with his BJJ and can certainly finish this fight from his back.

Other than these fights there isn't much on this card to bet. Saunders isn't a bad bet against hallman. He's a little high though, but I would bet him under -200. Hendricks will win, but its not worth it for those odds. When are they going to give him a top 10 opponent?

Should be a solid card overall. Can't wait!

-The Wise Guy

7 comments:

  1. I like the Fitch and Guida bets (I made the Guida bet as well). Hazelett is fighting against medical advice. His doctor has not cleared him for the broken orbital, and he was out of training for a pretty long time. Story is tough as nails too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hadn't heard that about Hazelett's medical issue. Where did you hear that? Hopefully it won't be too big of an issue. Though if his doctor didn't clear him how is he allowed to fight?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard about it a while back... there are some articles floating around on it. Just google Ha

    I just worry because Story has some solid ground and pound, and with a fractured orbital...

    ReplyDelete
  4. True, but hazelett is a tough person to successfully GNP. Story will be defending a lot of sub attempts. 'Mclovin' is also very good at breaking down his opponents posture from the guard and nullifying their attacks.

    His only recent losses have been from KO's standing. Other than his first 2 UFC fights he has submitted everyone that has grappled with him.

    Story is a solid fighter for sure, but he's not really a finisher (and his last two fights were both split decision wins against mid-level opposition)

    ReplyDelete
  5. In fact, Hazelett was cleared to fight by his doctor. What happened is that the doctor said to hazelett that he SHOULD not be fighting ever again because an orbital fracture never gets back to 100%. the doctor also said that if Dustin would be his son, he would tell him to not fight because it is to dangerous for his health.
    On the other hand, if story can keep that fight standing, he should win it. He has an iron chin, opposed to hazelett who doesn't so he would only need one solid shot and the fight is over.
    If story brings Dustin to the ground, he's gonna be in danger.
    By the way, MMA SCIENTIST, how could I read your blogues again? I was reading them earlier but not it won't let me telling me that I need a password to read it

    ReplyDelete
  6. dan, i have to send you an invite. I need an email address and I will send you an invite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. my email address is danick.quevillontrot@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca
    this is my work email address
    thanks

    ReplyDelete