Thursday, April 22, 2010

UFC 113

My UFC 113 brief breakdown:

Lyoto Machida(-190) vs Maurico Rua(+150)

This fight is such a toss up. I am picking Lyoto to win simply because I don't think Shogun will be able to do the same thing to him that he did last time. At the current odds though it is hard to justify a bet on The Dragon.

Josh Koscheck(-275) vs Paul Daley(+215)

I am worried that Koscheck will try for even a few seconds to trade with Daley, and that is the only thing thing that makes me unsure. Koscheck has the ability to downright embarrass Daley. Lets justhope he uses it. Even at the current odds the only choice is Koscheck or pass.

Sam Stout(-205) vs Jeremy Stephens(+165)

Easy pick, Sam Stout by UD. If you make one bet for this card, this should be it.

I already have a bet on this fight: Sam Stout(-195) 3 units to win 1.54 units.

Kimbo Slice(-125) vs Matt Mitrione(-105)

While neither of these guys are great, I am picking Mitrione in this simply because I think he is better, and Kimbo performed so badly against Alexander.

I already have a bet on this fight as well: Matt Mitrione(+105) 1 unit to win 1.05 units

Patrick Cote(-105) vs Alan Belcher(-125)

Both of these guys have good standup, but Belcher has a tendency to absorb more shots, and Cote hits hard and has a better chin. He takes this one by KO, and is a steal at the current odds.

Marcus Davis(???) vs Jonathan Goulet(???)

I think the UFC just wanted to remind everybody that Davis can knock people out. I don't think Goulet is better anywhere.

Tj Grant(???) vs Johnny Hendricks(???)

Hendricks should control this fight.

Yoshiyuki Yoshida(???) vs Mike Guymon(???)

I think Yoshida is a more well rounded fighter, so I'm picking him in this matchup.

Nick Catone(???) vs John Salter(???)

I am going to have to research salter more thoroughly before making a pick on this one. Pass for now.



Not sure why there are only 9 fights on this card. I will post the rest of my bets once the lines get released.


-The Wise Guy

3 comments:

  1. Tom Lawlor vs. Joe Doerkson is the other fight.
    Doerkson replaced Credeur unfortunately. I was really looking forward to betting a lot on Lawlor against Creduer. He should also beat Doerkson, but he will probably be -400.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah I remember that now. Yeah I was going to take Lawlor too.

    Man has doerkson fought in like two years? Talk about a blast from the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doerkson fought very recently I think. Like last week.

    ReplyDelete