Friday, March 19, 2010

UFC on Versus

Here are my 'bets' for my experiment. All bets are for one notional unit. I am in Kuwait right now so I am having trouble accessing bookmaker because they block all gambling sites. But for the sake of the experiment all "bets" will calculated with whatever the odds are the night before the fights.

(in the event I can't find a proxy workaround before then, could somebody post the odds in the comments?)

Anyway, here are the bets:

Jon Jones vs Brandon Vera: 1 unit to win ?
Gabriel Gonzaga vs Junior Dos Santos: 1 unit to win ?
Cheick Kongo vs Paul Buentello: 1 unit to win ?
James Irvin vs Allesio Sakara: 1 unit to win ?
Clay Guida vs Shannon Gugerty: 1 unit to win ?
Elliot Marshall vs Vladimir Matyushenko: 1 unit to win ?
Duane Ludwig vs Darren Elkins: PASS
John Howard vs Daniel Roberts: PASS
Brendan Schuab vs Chase Gormley: 1 unit to win ?
Mike Pierce vs Julio Paulino: 1 unit to win ?
Jason Brilz vs Eric Schafer: 1 unit to win ?

I may change which fights are my "pass" fights if the odds are crazy, so I still chose a winner.

So far I have no actual bets on this card, but if I can get access to bookmaker before the event, I am going to bet enough to win 1 unit on Pierce or Kongo (whoever has better odds) and then bet .5 units on Gonzaga.



-The Wise Guy

2 comments:

  1. did not get to see your post before today.

    I did not do too well, but I did better than my real bets.

    I ended up +.93

    but that is with the kongo and Pierce bets that I said I would pass on irl most likely.


    Without even looking at the odds, I can tell you that you did pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because of Internet limitations I didn't get to place my actual bets though, which pisses me off. I was gonna bet to win 1 on Kongo, and .5 on Gonzaga so I would have been up .5 units.

    If you know what the odds were on these fights can you post them here so I can calculate how I did for my experiment picks?

    ReplyDelete