Saturday, March 27, 2010

Well, Shane carwin continued his one-round destruction, and I continued my horrible record of bets on close fights, and lost 3 units on Mir. As I feared I bet too much. overall I ended the night -1.14 units.

As fas as the experiment, I have been getting some really positive results, and I am planning on switching to this mode of betting in the near future.


GSP(-750) vs Dan Hardy(+550)
Frank Mir(-152) vs Shane Carwin(+122)
Jon Fitch(-360) vs Ben Saunders(+290)
Jim Miller(-405) vs Mark Bocek(+305)
Nate Diaz(-285) vs Rory Markham(+255)
Ricardo Almeida(-165) vs Matt Brown(+135)
Kurt pelligrino(-215) vs Fabricio Camoes(+175)
Rodney Wallace(-142) vs Jared Hamman(+112): PASS
Rousimar Palhares(-240) vs Thomsz Drwal(+190)
Matthew Riddle(-225) vs Greg Soto(+185): PASS

Results with "bet to win 1 unit" strategy: +5.48 units

Results for "bet 1 unit" strategy: +1.853 units


This results are slightly misleading, because there is not the same amount being bet in both cases (25.7 vs 8) . So really the results are 21.3% and 23.2% return respectively. So despite the disparity in 'units', the "bet 1 unit" strategy had a better rate of return for this event. So assuming you had a fixed amount to bet for this card, and had to choose a method, the "bet 1 unit" strategy would have returned more in this case.

I need to calculate the results as a percentage of units wagered for the past 2 events as well, to see how the methods really square off against each other. I'll try to do that over the next few days.

-The Wise Guy

1 comment:

  1. Interesting... I was super busy with work last week and forgot to play along.

    I would have won every bet except I probably would have picked Brown ans Wallace.


    Sorry about Mir. It certainly seems like you can win this way...

    ReplyDelete