Saturday, June 12, 2010

UFC 115 results

Carlos Condit(+115) vs Rory Macdonald: .87 units to win 1 unit
Tyson Griffin(-235) vs Evan Dunham: 2.35 units to win 1 unit
Mike Pyle(EV) vs Jesse Lennox: 1 unit to win 1 unit
Rich Franklin(-150) vs Chuck Liddell: 1.5 units to win 1 unit
Pat Barry(-155) vs Mirko Crocop: 1.55 units to win 1 unit

Total: 3-2, -.9 units

Did ok with my picks, but it seems like I can't get a positive event to save my life.

But I have never been so happy to lose a bet. Crocop looked awesome! And not just because he won. He looked like he wanted to be there, like he wanted the win. He fought back from being hurt early, mixed up his attacks, and won by submission!

I'm stoked. I have been a huge Crocop fan for years and lately he had just seemed like he had lost the will to fight. So glad to see him back in classic form.

The Tyson griffin loss is what kept me from having a + event. I knew I didn't like those odds. I haven't seen the fight, so I don't know how close it really was, but Evan Dunham is the real deal.
I will not take him lightly in the future.

Pyle looked good. I was a little hesitant with that bet because I couldn't tell exactly how I thought he would win, I just new he would be able to slightly out-class lennox in several areas. Lennox is much more one-dimensional. Turns out I was right.

Carlos condit performed like I hoped. Maybe lucky with the stoppage, because I don't know how a decision would have gone. He may have barely lost the first 2 rounds. This is why the fight as a whole type scoring is better. In my mind, obviously the domination in the 3rd round more than makes up for getting slightly outpointed for 2 rounds, but taking no damage. But even if he got a 10-8 it may have been a draw. Most of that is due to Condit's go-for-the finish style, which I love. He will sacrifice position and take those risks. It doesn't lend itself well to the 10 point must scoring, but I wish more fighters would fight that way.

The Rich / Chuck fight went exactly like I thought it would.

Thoughts:

  • Hat stealers!! haha
  • They need to speed up how long it takes to introduce the main event. I ducked out right when Goldie said "its time for our main event", and I had time to shower, shave, and jerk off 3 times to replays of Mirko's fight before the main event started. They seriously take 10-15 minutes, time it.
  • Pretty good event overall. No boring fights.
  • Wishing I had taken the plunge on Kampmann and Rothwell. Kampmann looked really sharp.

Another event coming up soon! That's all for now.

-The Wise Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment