Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Experiment Time

Starting with this card I am going to be running an experiment. I have thought before about what would happen if I tried to pick a winner and bet on almost every fight with a static unit size. So starting with this card I am going to pick notional bets for almost every fight on the cards. I am giving myself 2 passes per card if I want to take them, in case there are fights that I just have no idea, or have never heard of the fighters, etc.

I am not yet going to be placing any actual bets, I am just going to keep track of what the results would be to see if it is a profitable system.

Here are the guidelines I plan on following for the system:
- All bets placed only a day or two before the fights; no earlier.
- Bet size is 1 unit, regardless of the line.
- I can skip a maximum of 2 fights per card. I must bet on all the others.


I will post my picks/bets the day before or the day of the fights. Should be interesting!


-The Wise Guy
-

1 comment:

  1. I like it. I have actually run this same experiment a couple of times, and I beat the hell out of my real picks.

    I did it for TUF10 finale though, and underdogs always do well on the TUF finale.

    anyway, I think this is an interesting way to go. I look forward to the results.

    Thanks for the bump on SD. I had to go on to defend myself, which I rarely do. I actually rarely ventured outside the grappling forum until recently, as i really quite despise the Heavyweights forum and the constant idiocy that goes on there.

    ReplyDelete