Monday, February 15, 2010

Rumble vs Doomsday - OFF

So the Anthony Johnson vs John Howard fight has been canceled due to a shoulder injury on the part of johnson. This isn't the first time this matchup has been postponed. Sadly this is a fight that we were betting on, so we lose that action.

I'm not sure why, but it seems like an inordinate amount of the fights that get canceled are fights that I have action on. It is hard to find solid bets and I don't put money on very many fights so I don't like to see them called off. I will try to find a replacement bet but I'm not going to force anything.

There are a couple of fights I am watching in that card though, so I am hopeful. I am waiting for the odds on:

Cheick Kongo vs Paul Buentello: Kongo will be a big favorite, but there is no way he loses this fight, so hopefully the odds will be under control so we can put some money on it.

Mike Pierce vs Rob Kimmons: Pierce has looked like a powerhouse in his first couple of fights in the UFC and almost stole a decision from #2 welterweight in the world, Jon Fitch. His relative obscurity should help keep the line low to begin though so I am hopeful he won't open as a massive favorite.

Junior Dos Santos vs Gabriel Gonzaga: I have mentioned this fight before, and as long as the odds don't get worse I will be placing a unit on Gonzaga. The JDS Hype is out of control and there is no reason he should be that big of a favorite. I am waiting to see if maybe the line may actually get better for Gonzaga. I plan on taking him for anything better than +200, but I am waiting til a little closer to fight time.


So while we lost the opportunity on one bet there are still some promising fights on this card. Keep your eyes peeled for the lines.



- The Wise Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment