Wednesday, February 10, 2010

UFC 110

Crocop vs rothwell: I have been looking at this fight long and hard, and I finally decided to put a unit on it. There is no reason Crocop should be this small of a favorite against Rothwell. Rothwell really doesn't have anything for him on paper. The problem is Crocop has fought abysmally lately, and shown no desire or aggressiveness. Despite this he still did OK against JDS even though he only threw like 30 strikes the entire fight. So there is a chance CC could flake and get taken down a lot or leaned on against the fence and donk off a decision, but I think with those possibilities included he still has value at -150. I am being cautious though and only putting down 1 unit.

So my bets so far for UFC 110 are:

Mirko Crocop(-150) vs Ben Rothwell: 1 unit to win .66 units
Joe Stevenson(-280) vs George Sotiropoulos: 4 units to win 1.43 units

we'll see how the rest of the lines look when they come out. That's all for now.


-The Wise Guy

4 comments:

  1. I think I am going to take CC for 1u as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I wanted to bet on it when I saw the lines but I thought I was being blinded by fandom. When you wrote about it I realized I wasn't the only one who thought Crocop had an advantage here, so I thought about it a little more and decided to go for it. Only one unit though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you are right about his mental state though... still I think he has enough advantage to warrant a small bet.

    You can never eliminate every variable from the fight. This fight really has only one variable- whether or not CC wants to fight. If he does, he should win easily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just thought I would say that I've been following this blog too, and I'm in the same boat as chaos on this one. I really like CC so its hard for me to objectively judge his abilities, but I think I will probably go ahead and put a 2u bet on him.

    ReplyDelete